Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

Warning! Warning!!! High Calorie Burn Day! 1898

Good Sweaty Evening Everyone. 

Today is the beginning of my new workout and I'm feeling so good about it. LOL.  So lets get down to business. 

Day 1: Rev Abs- Total Strength & Mercy Abs. Calories Burned: 855
Ok, I enjoy Rev Abs.  I kinda wish I did this program before I started P90x & Insanity b/c it's a lot less intense. However, what I LOVE (so far) about this program is that it focuses primarily on your ABS.  Chris trains you how to breathe and work on your core- ALL THROUGH THE WORKOUT.  What I HATE about this workout (so far) is the music.  It's doesn't get me in the mood. LOL. So I had to play my i-Pod & play some soca & reggae- so I could get the workout juices going. :-) Mercy Abs.....Good Lord!!! It's really a killer. I mean- it's completely different from Insane Abs or even Ab Ripper X (ARX) but it works the hell out of my gut.  I have to say this by far is my favorite Abs routine out of the 3 b/c I had no pains in my back.  Which has been a constant problem while doing ARX & Insane Abs.  So far I give Rev Abs....1.5 thumbs up (.5 subtracted for wack ass music)

Day 29: Insanity- Core Cardio & Balance + P90X- Chest & Back. Calories Burned: 1043
Today was the beginning of my Asylum challenge that I'm doing w/ my fellow My Fitclub Members and I have to say I enjoyed my work out. I even got my sister to commit to doing the workouts with me as well.  Insanity was great as usual. I enjoyed the workout and got a serious burn. I mean everything was burning, my arms, legs, butt, thighs, eyes, nose & ears...... I think you get the point.  I pushed really hard. I know it's a "recovery" week, but I gotta sweat in order to feel like I'm doing something. 

Now, it's been almost a year since I've done P90x and OMG!! I forgot how many push-ups you do in this workout.   But I'm very happy to report that I was able to do ALL  of the required push-ups.  The pull-ups are a different story.  There are 2 reasons why I wasn't able to do any pull-ups today. 1 is that, the space we work out in is limited to 1 door way & we only have 1 pull up bar- so I let my sister use it.  I did weights as a substitute and tried to replicate what the guy was doing w/ the resistance bands. I still got a pretty good burn.  The 2nd reason is that- at this current time... there is no way I'm going to be pulling up a 200 + pounds.  No way, No how.... At least not now. I'll definitely try and do the modification moves- but a regular pull-up... not gonna happen. LOL. 

Oh yeah, I did a Jumping Jack Challenge and I completed 120- nonstop. I'm happy about that- but some of my competition can double my number. LOL.  Oh well- there's always tomorrow BADD Girls. 

Now I'm trying to follow my new Abs diet to eat a bunch of power foods.  I did ok today on my diet- I ate healthy today but I know for sure that I didn't eat enough.  There's definite room for improvement in that area.  

So what did you do today??

Good Night Folks


No comments:

Post a Comment