Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Day 16 Again!!!!




Ok, I did it!!! I rolled out of bed this morning at 5:20 AM. Now- I woke up feeling cranky and NOT looking forward to hearing Shaun T in my ears. I guess I knew the undeniable torture that was coming my way.

So I slowly made my way to the garage aka my gym and pushed play. I started out the warm ups really REALLY slow. I did the running, jacks, heismans, 123's, butt kicks, high knees & mummy kicks. I hate mummy kicks. Anyway- I did the warm up moves, however- I only did it 2 times instead of 3. And I was moving in real slow motion.

Next I did the stretch. Nah, let me stop lying- I skipped the stretch. Partially b/c I wasn't motivated & partially b/c I was running out of time and had to get ready for work.

On to the "workout" I hit the suicide drill (i think that's what it was). I was trying to get my mind focused and back into the game, but I was having very little success.

Next I hit the jump squats- I enjoyed this move, but where the hell is my energy
Next I hit the mountain climbers- aaaggggghhhhh!!!!! Why are these so damn hard??

I'm sure I'm missing something but I did the above moves 2 times.

Then we did a bunch of stuff, level 1 drills, basketball shoots, in & outs/ski abs (OH GOSH!).
Ok, let me go back to the I & Os and Ski Abs- My motivation was so damn low his morning that I completely left the workout... not physically, but mentally- I started daydreaming about a whole bunch of shit that had nothing to do with the workout and when I woke up out of my daydream- the segment was over. Hhhhmmmm, I guess that gives you a good idea as to how "focused" I really was.

Ok so I did the remaining of the workout- I BS'd my way through the majority of it, but I still managed to get a good sweat. I burned 400 calories (usually in the mid 600s) but any way, that's what happened to me today.

I was supposed to hit Pure Cardio tonight, but someone is using my gym as an auto shop :(
That's not an excuse, I could have done it in my living room, but to be completely honest with you guys- I'm just not in the mood.

Laura & Danielle- thanks for the motivation ladies, I wish I read it a little earlier- but I'm done for today... I feel like a loser once again today- but that's what happens when you do things "half ass".

I'm praying for a better Friday.


3 comments:

  1. Good Friday morning to you Browne! Sounds like you are having a tough week mentally & physically. Your body is trying to tell you that you are overdoing it--either overtraining, lack of rest, or poor nutrition. You know I'm going to harp about the nutrition...you have to eat to lose girlfriend!!! Check those calories. Make sure you are getting 40% carbs/40% protein/20% fat. Complex carbs not fruits or fruit juices! Get in some extra carbs (always linked w/ protein to stave off cravings & prevent insulin spikes...oatmeal 1/2 cup & egg whites or grilled chicken & baked sweet potato) today if you are still feeling run down & have some caffeine about an hour before your workout. Or do a recovery drink prior to your workout--this makes a big difference for me. Mind over matter--if you don't mind then it just doesn't matter!!! How bad do you want this Browne? You can do this!!!

    You should post this on our team's site so that you get the support you need. Your not the only one tired or bonking mentally or physically. Insanity is a mental game so get your head in the game early in the day or the night before...it's only 30-45 minutes of Pure Hell but you will feel so much better afterwards. Make a pact with yourself....if you stop to take a break then you must PAUSE the dvd before jumping back in. You can do this girl!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep on going girl! I KNOW YOU HAVE IT IN YOU TO WORK HARD AND DIG DEEPER!!! Let me know how today goes... I hope you do better today!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tammy,

    I appreciate your comments. It's funny, I wrote my post before reading your comments, but I do hit the blogs for support. I haven't been able to go on as much as I want this week b/c I've been so very busy at work. But I do get the support I need. Like you said, I didn't get enough rest. I'm still tweaking and working on the diet- its a never ending process.

    Laura- thanks mama! i appreciate your support. I did a lot better today. And I'm going to do even better tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete